Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blue eyeshadow??

I know blue eyeshadow has come a long way %26amp; some people still wear it %26amp; can pull it off...how do you do that? Which blues work best, how do you apply them, %26amp; with what eye colors? Mine are hazel...Blue eyeshadow??
It has to do with your skin undertones not necessarily your eye color. Blue eyes look really great in blues but it can be used on lot of other eyes as well as long as you are careful of the shade and undertone. First, please, please, please don't pick up that shimmery blue. Smack your own hand if you have to. I know it's catchy, i know it looks pretty in the package but don't do it. You'll give yourself 80's eyes. First, figure out what your undertones are and go from there. If you are a warm, blue can be tricky. If you are a cool then you can go with lighter shades of blue or more vibrant blues.


You'll want to go with a more navy non-shimmery blue that isn't so cool looking. You also don't want to apply it over the entire eyelid. This is when blue gets ugly. An entire eyelid of blue on anyone with pale skin is usually best left to a pro. For at home, I like Urban Decay's Envy and Goddess. They aren't shimmery, they're glittery. There truly is a difference when it's blue we're talking about. Apply a soft shimmering pale white or peach beige shadow all over. Try Urban Decay blunt, sin, or midnight cowboy, or Bobbi Brown snow. Apply from lashline to browbone. Line your eyes with a deep black blue liner or even black. Softly smudge that line. You don't want to look harsh. Don't forget to apply your liner up under your top lashline to avoid that skin gap between liner and lashes. Okay, bring on the blue. You want to apply the blue in the crease of the eye. Pat it into place. Now connect it to the liner in an inverted V on the outer corner of your eye. Now blend. This gives you a nice pop of blue without screaming BLUE!!


You can line the bottom lashes and smudge with a damp q-tip. Add a little more of your pale shimmery beige or white in the inner corners of the eye and lightly dabbed below your smudged lower lash line to soften that line. You've now done ';blue'; without looking garish. Blue can be very glamorous if done right.Blue eyeshadow??
Blues can now be worn on everyone, you just have to know how. With hazel eyes, I'd probably go more of a darker blue, but don't put too much on. Even a turquoise blue would look amazing. But remember sometimes less is more. First but on a lighter blue on your crease, then on the outside corner, put some of the darker color on top. Don't go all the way to the brow. And don't go too bright or powdereyblue because it makes you look like a kid. Finish with mascara and maybe even a little eyeliner. For more of a dramatic look, I like to swipe some color right below my bottom eyelashes. Or if you don't like eyeshadow, try a blue eyeliner and put that on your tops lashline only, it'll look cute!
Well I just discovered Hard Candy and I swear by it. On line its alot cheaper but they have this really great light blue glittery one called Snowcone. I love it!
i think that browns go with blue eyes


blues go with brown eyes..
i love blue. you just have to try it out and see what works best with you
I would try a light, shimmery blue for a subtle look.





For a bolder, more intense look, try a turqoise blue.





Apply it all over the lid, and a little over the crease. At least, that's how I put mine on. It also looks cute when you mix colors together.
I think you should go for a goldy colour eye shadow, as you have hazel eyes I dont think blue will look right on you!
The basic rule is if you have blue eyes NEVER and I repeat NEVER wear blue eyeshadow. It's not the 80's anymore.
My eyes are brown and I always wear bright eyeshadows. With colors like blue I put it on half my lid (going across) and put another color on the outer part of my lid, then I blend them where they meet and put on some eyeliner. Also, make sure you don't do too strong a lip with such bright eye colors.
for hazel use a med. tone and apply on the lid but no all of it and you might want to go with a greenish blus tone and get a shadow brush
Well, i have blue-y green eyes and i like to wear dark blue eyeshadow with white on the upper part when i wear blue outfits. it brings out all the blue and none of the green.
i have hazelish eyes too.


i use:





dark blue in the crease,baby blue in the middle


and almost -white blue under the brow line with a good angle brush and red girl or color workshop (classic colors kit) eyeshadow!good luck/
Try A Light Blue.


I think blue is a little out dated for me.
my eyes are hazel too and i love wearing turquoise. I usually put a little bit of turq eye shadow right in the corners by my nose... it highlights what I have and compliments the shirt really well.. . I'm going to look and see if i have a pic of me wearing it and post it on here. i always get compliments when I do it! just add little touches, don't go overboard and you will look great
dont put it on that dark. for hazel eyes put a light blue on.
With hazel eyes, you should go for a matte color blue. Don't do shiny or pearl colors. And use a medium shade of blue, nothing too pale or too dark...does that make sense? And make sure to blend it into your crease! And it should somewhat match your eyeliner! Good luck!
You cant wear blue eyeshadow without looking trashy.
I think the best blue is a light blue or silver blue.
Well blue eyeshadow to me looks like a little kid. But, some people can pull it off if you carefully mix and match the colors. Add a little bit a gray to not make the shadow look so intense...and make sure to wear a dark colored mascara with it.





Blue and pink look great together too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color