Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whats your opinion on blue eyeshadow?

I know a LOT of people think its terrible and tacky and screams eighties, but I've bought a new blue duo eye shadow from the chemist and to be honest, I don't think it looks that bad when paired with a blue top.Whats your opinion on blue eyeshadow?
Blue eyeshadow can turn out really pretty but it's hard to do. Usually it looks over-done. Especially when people, who are new to the cosmetics world, try to apply it.





But personally I think any eyeshadow color can turn out beautiful! I've seen so many people pull off the blue-eyeshadow look....most of these people don't even have the necessary eye color for blue eyeshadow in the first place...which really surprises me, and makes me feel motivated to play ';dress up'; with my make-up and experiment!!!





There's a lot of youtube videos on how to apply gorgeous blue eyeshadow looks. Usually the instructors in the videos use make-up brands such as MAC, Sephora, or Urban Decay though....and trust me those brands are exspensive!! But if you browse through Walmart or whatever stores are closet to you, then hopefully you can find a few good cheap knock-offs of the original thing, and copy the instructors' look.





++++Here's a hint: Eyeshadow, no matter what eyeshadow it is (except for red; most red eye shadows fade very quickly because of the ingredients its made with), will stay on longer and will be more intense if you get it wet before applying. I suggest those little eyeshadow pots that are very, very tiny...I'm pretty sure they're called, ';pigment eye shadows'; but I may be wrong.





Anywhoo, I bought a tortoise blue pigment eye shadow from Hot Topic for only $1.98, because it was on clearance (original price was like $3.99). I tell ya...this eye shadow isn't MAC, or anything from Urban Decay, but whenever I apply it wet it stays on for sooo long!





I suggest using a make-up brush, but if you don't have any then just be ghetto and use a Q-tip. Wet the Q-tip quickly and make sure it's just a *little bit damp*. Then rub it against the eye shadow of your choice, and apply to your lids. Make sure to smooth it out a few good times by stroking back and forth with your brush/Q-tip.





Or if you're in a hurry, lick your finger and apply the eyeshadow to your lid (I suggest do this if you're only using one color of shadow, or else you'll wind up with a messy lid, since your fingers aren't small enough to get the areas such as your crease).





Point of all that was...well...don't worry about getting exspensive brands. Yes, they are ten times better, but during times like these any cheap brand can come in handy and be just as decent. Hope this helps!!Whats your opinion on blue eyeshadow?
The thing to remember when wearing any bright colored shadow is youroccasiononal mood. Don't waste time worrying about what others may or may not be wearing. I wear whatever shade of shadow I want on a daily basis sometimes that is bright and sometimes it can be neutral but when I do choose bright I make sure that it is applied properly. Wearing bright shadows can be quite risky but taking some time to practice application is key. Buy eye shadows with the intent to simply try it out because not all shades work for everyone decide if perlescent, matte or glittery shades are better for you and take a day to just practice applying the shades in a number of ways, this will allow you the chance to see what fits and works for your face and eyes. Get a great highlighting shade as well this will highlight the brow bone and draw attention to the shade that is below on the lid area. Do not be afraid to try new things, makeup is an art and can be quite fun and addicting!
I know where you coming from. Because back in the days ...the mad blue on the eyes...pinky cheek bones and lipstick.





But nah..but personnaly i dont like it because of my eye color (pearl gray) and my olive skin. However, sometimes and i mean sometimes i do apply some. It depends i guess what kinda blue it is...what kinda texture and from what brand and the way you are applying it.





I mean go on youtube and some girls have mad videos on how to apply make up and even blue eyeshadow.
you should wear it for things that are more dressy, like parties but i think casual day wear is just too much sometimes, it depends on how much you put on and what style.


other than that, i don't see anything wrong with blue eyeshadow, especially if you have brown eyes, it brings out the brown eyed babes! :)
Well I think it depends on your age. But I personally love blue eyeshadow. Its funky and different.
I like blue eye shadow, but i think it depends on..


how much you use,


your age,


and what your eye color is..
it is a good color if you are wearing a blue shirt put it on dark but but if you aren't i would put it on light
it works if you get the right shade of blue, and how much you use depending on your eye color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin color